People are obsessing over K-Dramas all over the world, Here’s why
Korean dramas are very famous globally, thanks to the growth of Korean popular culture
Popularity Of Korean Dramas
Korean dramas are very famous globally, thanks to the growth of Korean popular culture (the “Korean Wave”) and their broad availability via streaming platforms that generally include subtitles in many languages. The Korean wave is referred to as Hallyu, the widespread appeal of Korean television, movies, and music across the globe. Most Korean dramas have translations for other languages. Some of the most well-known dramas have been broadcast on traditional television stations, Dae Jang Geum (2003), for example, was marketed in 150 countries. K-dramas have gained popularity due to their fashion, style, and culture Korean dramas are popular on multimedia services such as Hulu and Netflix. Dramas now on the air can’t be subtitled and loaded fast enough to please their English-speaking audience.
PSY – GANGNAM STYLE
One of the reasons for the popularity of Korean Culture is PSY’s GANGNAM STYLE. Many people were amazed to learn how famous Korean music and dramas are in America and outside of Korea when Psy’s “Gangnam Style” went viral on YouTube.
Main Factors That Fascinates People Towards Korean Drama:
- Cultural Appeal – Cultural appeal is also informative and educational. Korean dramas allow you to learn about a different culture without going through the tiresome process of learning as one can learn just by following the characters’ daily lives, if you watch even one Korean drama, you’ll notice that shoes are removed at the door without anyone telling you.
- Candy to eyes – Korean Drama stars are extremely attractive, which fascinates the audience in the majority towards Kdrama and it becomes hard for the fans to resist them.
- Clean and Innocent Love stories– In comparison to American movies and television, the majority of K-Dramas are G-rated and quite clean. There is very little bad language, very little violence, and love scenes rarely go beyond kissing. It’s even newsworthy to see a French kiss in a Korean show. When the show isn’t overwhelmed with them, some scenes have a greater impact on viewers.
- Helps in learning Korean Keywords – All of the drama marathons you’ve completed will have toned your verbal ability by the time you’ve become a K-drama veteran. You will be familiar with several key Korean words and phrases. You’ll be able to say “sorry” and “thank you” with ease, and you’ll be able to declare your love for your favourite Oppa. You’ll also understand what Oppa means.
- Unpredictable and Short storylines – Many individuals in the Western world enjoy Korean dramas because they are different from what they are used to seeing on television. It’s not the same old boring, predictable plots we’ve seen season after season. In K-dramas, the plots, sorts of people, and even the surroundings feel new and unusual, making them more interesting. K-Drama consists of only 16-20 episodes, 1 hour per episode,
the storylines of the Kdrama leaves people heartbroken and in suspense with the twist in the last episode for the second season.
- Delicious Foods – It’s difficult to watch a drama without craving ramen. Almost every episode contains mouthwatering-looking foods such as wrapped eggs, rich soups, and grilled meat. And dramas will help you improve your hand skills because you’ll desire to use chopsticks while eating.
- K- Drama OST – K-Pop is currently more popular than Korean dramas. It’s also not hard to see why it’s so popular. It contains fun lyrics and great tunes. K-Pop also contains significant amounts of English vocabulary and K dramas feature a lot of K-Pop music, and K-Pop stars frequently appear in dramas. The most famous ost is, Stay with me in GOBLIN by Chaneyeol and Punch.
- Fashionable and Cool Outfits – Dramatic fashion has a certain trend appeal. Many of the outfits are right off the stage. The accessories are equally as stunning as the outfits. The way most of us imagine ourselves dressing in our daydreams is how drama stars dress.
The top 5 K-Dramas to binge watch are as follows-
- Crash Landing On You
A paragliding accident lands a South Korean heiress in North Korea, where she meets an army officer who agrees to help her hide. This Drama got aired on 2019, casting Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin and Kim Soo-hyun.
This series is set in a high school, consisting of adolescents from extremely wealthy households, is highly recommended for those who are new to Korean dramas. Lee Min-ho, Park Shin-Hye, and Kim Woo-bin play in The Heirs, also known as The Inheritors, a South Korean television series. The drama is set at a privileged and uber-rich high school and got aired from October 9 to December 12, 2013, SBS broadcasted the show.
- Sweet Home
If you prefer horror, Sweet Home, which reached #3 on Netflix’s Top 10 list shortly after its premiere in December 2020, is the show for you. Those who enjoy the zombie genre will fall in love with this apocalyptic show. Song Kang, Lee Do-Hyeon, Lee Si-Young.
Vincenzo is a dark comedy/crime thriller mix with a little danger and a cutting storyline that will keep you engaged for the next few weeks. This lawyer/mafia boss advisor assists a tycoon in concealing his wealth in a mafia-secured vault. Vincenzo got aired on 20th February 2021, starring Song Joong-Ki, Jeon Yeo-Been, Ok Taecyeon.
The crown prince, who has been accused of treason and is determined to preserve his people, embarks on a journey to “unveil what evil lies in the shadows.” The kingdom is a perfect watch for any time viewers. It’s set during Korea’s Joseon dynasty, a few years after the Japanese invasions of Korea (1592-1598), and it’s packed with gore, life-threatening political conspiracies, and tonnes of blood. The Kingdom was aired in 2019, starring Joo Ji Hoon, Ryu Seung Ryong, Bae Doo Na, Kim Sung Gyu, Kim Chan Yi, Kim Sang Ho.
Conclusion – K-Drama consists of, Swoon-worthy love sequences, cute actors, clothing that demand to be imitated, nail-biting action scenes, sob-inducing drama, mouth-watering food, music that will be stuck in your brain for days, and funny moments that will have you laughing until your side hurts.